INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
- Natural yogurt or soy yogurt Wholemeal flour
- Mixed seeds
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large potato
- 1 package of peas
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- fresh ginger
- fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (omit if for vegan diet) 1 stick of lemongrass (optional)
- 1 lemon
1. Start the curry by preparing all the vegetables. Cut the red peppers into thin strips, prepare the peas, dice the potatoes. Take a small thumb-sized piece of ginger and cut it into thin strips, then finely chop by running the knife repeatedly.
1 tablespoon of curry paste with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk until the spices begin to release their aromas. Add the full can of coconut milk and, in the same can, refill with water. Pour 3/4 of a can of water and add the ginger, the crushed lemongrass sprig and the potato only. Season with 1 tablespoon fish sauce and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
3. While the curry simmers, make the flatbreads. Combine 1 cup of flour with 1 tablespoon of seeds in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of any yogurt, a pinch of salt and with a spoon begin to bring the dough together. With your hands, form a ball with the dough and knead gently. Break off small golf-sized balls of dough and roll out into rough rounds the thickness of a standard wrapper. Heat a frying pan without oil until very hot. Cook flatbreads turning every few seconds until well colored and cooked through. These will freeze well.
4. Finish the curry by adding a splash of water to loosen the final vegetables and simmer for a few more minutes. Add lots of fresh coriander, the juice of one lime, and more fish sauce if needed.